Wargaming Week 28/01/2019

Let’s start this Wargaming Week, covering the 21st through to the 27th of January.

BLOG STUFF

Blog has been quiet again. Still slowly working my way through things.

NEWS

The M-ATV J-LTV is getting closer and this week it has appeared with the ridiculous 30mm cannon mount that was shown off last week. Having now seen on the vehicle, I can’t wait to see what my players do once it hits the wargames table.

For some more pictures of both the new Remote Weapon System and the JLTV, check out this album the Spectre team put up. https://www.facebook.com/groups/spectreopwargame/permalink/2939681766057616/?tn=-UC-R

Spectre have put up several Black Site Studio products on their website to pre-order. This looks like the best way for anyone in the UK to pick up these pre-paitned MDF buildings.

In addition, if you’re looking for a bank for your criminals to get involved in, Spectre are offering some neat additions to the pre-order.

The LAV-3 is slowly rolling towards us – Full Battle Rattle have got a fully assembled master. As you can see, it’s looking pretty good. I can’t wait to get my hands on it!

Finally, Project WW2 is ramping up as Empress has released the first three packs for their late war range. I am already looking at them and planning what I can do with them.

But wait, that’s not all! White Dragon Miniatures have shown off some of their upcoming Taliban releases, now painted and on a playing surface. I think you’ll agree they look pretty awesome and I can’t wait to see the rest of the range!

For more photos, take a look at https://www.facebook.com/groups/628206883900507/permalink/1990061027715079/

PURCHASES

I caved – I picked up three Black Site Studios buildings from the Spectre pre-order program.

I’m also planning the purchases for York Wargames show next week. At the moment, it’s looking like the WW2 project will suddenly take a step forward.

HOBBY

My hobby time was limited this week due to various real world activities but I did manage to start on a conversion to turn one of the ghillie suited snipers into a spotter for my Brits. After chopping away the head and rifle, I just added a few bits from the plastic Brit para sprue. Next step will be green stuffing the detail back on, filling in the gaps and building up a hood around his head.

Game prototyping has continued. It’s really fun, and I’ve even managed to do it in the pub as well!


That’s it for this update, expect more updates next week!