Wargaming Week 01/06/2020

June? Hard to believe honestly. Especially with the news in the world around us. I’m not going to preach from the soapbox, especially as a lot of people are using hobbies as a way of escaping the madness of the real world and I am but one blog writer on the internet, but now is an important time to have some empathy. Listen to those in need, to those who are hurting and have had enough, try to help if you can.

As for a personal update, the new season of Call of Duty starts this week (so expect some updates on the inspiration) and I’ve actually been slowly getting ready to play a game. More details below.

As I said last week, you’ll be seeing lots of small posts during the week. Now the Bazi Royal Guard are done, expect an impressions piece soon.

NEWS

Remember the Knights of Dice Compounds from last week? Well Viv works fast and we already have two designs finished. Definitely a good looking setup, I’m very interested in seeing what they are like (and maybe fighting over them).

On top of that, Knights of Dice have also been working on some door! Now their Tabula Rasa range (of which I have too much) has been designed as basic shells, minus doors, windows and other details. I have slowly been preparing to assemble them although with that slight worry about how much I have to do. However, having some doors available (and they do look pretty good) would be very handy.

UPDATES

So you may have noticed that despite finishing the Bazi Royal Guard, I am missing a figure. The infamous knife man. I’ve decided that his equipment and head are really off putting. So rather than simply having a strange knife man running around, I’m instead going to do some conversion work, making him into a vehicle commander for Gage Commando. As you can see, I’ve already chopped him in half. The next stage is going to be adjusting his arms and replacing the head with para head from the Warlord Games sprue. I’ll also add a green stuff tweak to add a headset. It’s probably a lot of work, but I think it’s a perfect add-on to make such a force up.

Speaking of conversion work, I’ve started assembling my Necromunda gang. As said before, I’m making an enforcer gang, but rather than going with the usual clean look, I’m instead going for a little bit more of a rougher, “Mercs in Space” look. For this, I’m going to be going mad with the extra bits, while also using Anvil Industry’s heads for a rougher/tougher look. I’m going to do a full SITREP on them soon, but here are the first two!

Finally, I’m starting to get a game together. After picking up Battlespace, and doing a read through, I’m really excited to try it out. The card based system, the core mechanics, all of it sounds like a good setup. It also doesn’t require a massive table which is a nice addition.

I also think it might be a cool thing to run on a stream. The only downside is that I need to setup a camera system (and run the streaming software) all of which currently require my PC (which is in a separate room). I might be able to bring my current gaming table into that room to play but I’ll need to experiment. Watch this space.


That’s it for this update, expect more updates next week!

I’m planning to stream on Wednesday. Not 100% what I’ll be working on but it will be interesting!