Wargaming Week 23/04/2018

Let’s start this Wargaming Week, covering the 16th through to the 22nd of April.

BLOG STUFF

Another two post week. Wednesday’s post was recapping Salute complete with the usual pile of pictures – as you might guess, it’s done pretty well in terms of views. Friday’s update then looked at Osprey’s latest book as part of Project Technical.

Image may contain: text

Big news – this weekend is Hammerhead at Newark Showground. After being postponed in March due to the sudden arrival of snow, I should be running Operation Dragon’s Hoard in the Gamer’s Lounge. I’m not currently scheduled to run this game again so this will be the last time (for now) that downed C130 will be on the board. Full details can be found at the event page on Facebook.

NEWS

No news – everyone is too busy recovering from Salute.

GAMING

No gaming – starting to sound like a broken record but things have gotten busy so I haven’t had a chance to get down to the club.

PURCHASES

Nothing – I have plenty of stuff to be working on

HOBBY

With work being mad, I haven’t had a huge amount of time for painting. But I did get a few things done.

The biggest thing was that I got to work with my bits box out and tweaking up some more weapons for the Technical. I’m going to do another part in the Project Technical series in the next couple of weeks but as a preview, here are the three weapon system I’ll be looking at. A ZPU-1, a PKM with crew for the MENA Regulars and a tall mount for the SPG 9.

I also did some work on the Empress US Infantry model with the AT4. The base model’s launcher seemed incredibly stubby, so I cut off either end and replaced them with the bits from the Spectre Vehicle Stowage pack. I ended up lining the sections up based on the hand positions on the original model which I think worked okay. However, it does mean he’s folding it a lot further forward than it should be. On the other hand though, it does now match up in terms of size to all other AT4s in my collection.

I’ve also started work on the Spectre MENA Regulars which will be another job for solid colour armour and helmets with DCU camo uniform.

Finally, I got around to building the replacement Colonial Souk that Sarissa sent due to errors on the first one. Turns out my guess as to what was incorrect was wrong. Rather than the tabs being in the wrong place, the cut out on the end pieces was incorrectly placed.

Next step is going to get all this lot painted up and ready for a game!


That’s it for this update, expect more updates next week!


Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com