British Recce WMIK – Pre-Painting

Finally got round to assembling the other landrover that came in the box with the Snatch thats been sat fully built and basecoated since I was in Brighton. I had already built most the frame but put a hold in order to wait for crew to fit them in properly. Empress, makers of the rest of my Brits, released a set of crew just as I started to look to move jobs so that got put on the back burner.

So after a lazy day doing nothing, I got my poly cement and clippers out and finally finished it off. With this WMIK I decided to have it as the Recce vehicle, high speed low drag. To this end, I trimmed the doors down and removed the driver armour (roll cage and top plate) to reduce weight. I did leave the rear armour on as a nod to the face most rulesets still give WMIKs an armour value.

IMG_20160611_234810

As you can see, I still need to build the crew – the picture shows them with berets but I’ve changed my mind and will instead be giving them scrim helmets. In order to cover the gap around the neck, I’ll also be green stuffing shemaghs to give them the true raggedy recon look. I’m also going to assemble them and paint separately. Then I get to work on the rest of the motorpool.


Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com