Let’s start, covering the 5th through to the 12th.
This week’s post was taking a look at the Tabula Rasa range from Knights of Dice. This is also the start of a new project which I’m looking forward to; the experience of building the demo board has made me a little more confident at building and painting terrain. Now I get to have the fun job of picking what I want each of the buildings to look like…
Honestly not much – my thursday ended up being more work.
This week saw the release of the Spectre UKSF on their website after being first shown off at Crisis in Antwerp the week before. These guys have been a long time coming and, after talking to the guys at Spectre, have been the result of countless hours of research.
Luckily, I was able to get my hands on them within two days of being released and take a look at them in the metal. I think it’s safe to say that these are some of the greatest figures they have made in terms of details. Looking at them out the box (with only one or two barrels to bend back into shape), it was easy to spot small features like the pattern on one of the marksman’s AFG which I haven’t seen before. More details coming soon with an impressions coming soon (once I get them all painted up – see below for some initial ideas).
An interesting thing is that some of the other new releases at Crisis (the support weapons for existing ranges) were not released. I think it makes a lot of sense (don’t want to lose them amongst a new range) but I am looking forward to what’s coming to some of the already released teams. Especially after getting the magnifying glass out.
I’ve finished painting my Under Fire Miniatures Polizei which I picked up at Fiasco. More details coming later this week but it was fun to paint something that didn’t use camo. It was also fun creating a uniform for fictional force – I look forward to painting more figures up in this scheme if Under Fire release more. I’m also looking forward to getting them on the table
I’ve also started work on the recently arrived SAS although no picture as they are still in the undercoat. The main thing I want to talk about is camo – I’m not a huge fan of the Arktis Comb and although the all black urban kit is cool, I’m not 100% sold on it for my collection. My current thinking is to paint up the rural squad and the respirator teams in multicam to match the rest of my operators. This lets me use them alongside the others more easily and it’s also a pattern I’ve used a fair amount. That said, I am going to do a few little tweaks to make them stand out, such as painting the vest and webbing in multicam rather than tan. However this is all subject to change. As for the CT Response guys, I’ll be sticking close to the default scheme as it just makes sense. Hopefully they will be ready for my game in December and ready to help rescue the Geordiestan Ambassador.
That’s it for this update, expect more updates next week!