Let’s start this Wargaming Week, covering the 28th of May through to the 3rd of June.
This week’s post was the last post in Project Technical, taking a look at the anti-aircraft options in the Technical range. It’s been a great time finishing all these vehicles and building up the collection. The next step is going to be writing (and running) some more scenarios to get them on the table.
It’s also the start of a new month so time for a quick reminder. I run a Ko-Fi page where, if you like the stuff I write, you can throw me a few bucks. You can find it by clicking the button above or by going their directly at https://ko-fi.com/chargeblog
The main new this week is that it’s almost Humvee time! After a week of smaller teases of WIP and unpainted models, they finally showed off the full painted versions. As you can see above, there is a nice amount of variation between the vehicles, showing off some of the upgrade parts. I’m not 100% on the final release date but it’s going to be very close at this stage
This photo from the Instagram shows off the SOF version accompanied by other vehicles like the Razor and a SF Technical. I must admit, I’m looking forward to running some mixed vehicle patrols, maybe even with the M-ATV. And speaking of M-ATV, I’m interested in seeing if the rear of the SOF vehicle could be used to speed up assembly of my M1245, saving on me having to detail all the panels at the rear. I’m not 100% on it but it will be work taking a look at.
Currently none – just waiting to pick up a pile of Humvees.
The main hobby thing this week has been getting the three pedestal mounted AA guns finished. Honestly, the paint job is very simple but it was more just pushing to finish them.
Speaking of pushing to finish things, I finally started painting up the Empress Mercenaries I picked up before Salute. Having just watched the inspiration, I realised that I really didn’t want to paint a load of guys in just straight black. Instead, I looked at my Commando Global Solution figures (the SAS from Empress) and tried to work out some schemes that kind of match while still being distinct. So far, I’ve only finished this chap with an AA12 and a german sounding name but I’m working on the others soon.
That’s it for this update, expect more updates next week!